Hardware / Equipment
- Zoom Q2HD – HD video with very quality microphones for high fidelity audio (~$199). Allow USB streaming and direct connection to computer for recording to your computer’s hard drive. Also doubles as a stand-along USB microphone. Very versatile and a great value.
- Apple iPod Touch - an iOS device that does much more than just play MP3 or take photos.
- USB Microphones are extremely handy and easy to use with a computer. They are essentially plug and play.
- Samson Go Mic – Tiny, affordable, USB mic – great sound for your recordings or Skype session ($40 street)
- iMic – USB Audio adapter
- Bluetooth Receiver – a device that connects to speakers or a stereo that allows Bluetooth streaming of audio from a phone, tablet, or computer. About a 30 ft. range.
USB MIDI Keyboard Controllers
- Korg Microkey – super small MIDI controller with mini-keys. The 25 key model fits in a backpack! There are also 37 key and 61 key versions.
- Akai LPK25 – high-quality 25 key MIDI controller. Fits in a backpack!
- M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 – a slightly larger keyboard with 32 mini keys
- Bose SoundDock Portable – compact, battery-powered, great sounding speaker system. Perfect when teaching in those situations without AC power!
Portable Audio Recorders
- Zoom H Series audio recorders – inexpensive, but versatile digital audio recorders. Several models to choose from, starting at under $100. Record to micro SD or standard SD cards.
- Tascam DR series audio recorders – several models to choose from with a variety of different options. Very reliable recorders.
- MacMini Server ($999) – this computer’s server software will allow a district or music department to host their own blog/podcasts